Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day Sixty-Two: Warm and Peaceful


This glass lantern sits in the yard of a house nearby to mine.  It's been a frequent photographic subject for me over the last year, especially when the flowers in the yard where it lives are in bloom.  And there is lots and lots of Asian yard art there, and I love that they move the items around from time to time so all my pictures of this lantern and their other art are not all from the same angle nor set against the same backdrop. 

I had a few pictures I was considering today.  That's the way it is most days.  Donna came in the office while I was deciding and she liked this one best, so this one it is.  Once I narrow down to a half dozen possibilities, I am always happy if a member of the household has a clear favorite.  Then I just go with that. 

Today was kind of a raw and chilly day and what little sun poked through the clouds did so for only a few minutes at a time.  This is the type of day when it's hardest to get pictures outside along my travels.  But as I was driving home I decided to drive by the yard here and see if there were any early signs of spring.  There were, but nothing that stood out in the low contrast light.  But this lantern was on a small slab of slate right near the street this time and that gave me an angle I'd not seen before on it.  One of my other choices was also from this yard.  If you want to see it (and tons of my work not on this or the main blog) you can on my Flickr stream at http://www.flickr.com/photos/bmcphoto/

You'll see something I've seen again tomorrow.


Please check out my main blog: http://bmcportraits.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment