Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day Seventy-Three: Garland of Gumballs


Photographically, I am fascinated by guumballs.  Their intricate shapes and pointy tips always seem such a strong natural statement.  I've tried to take macros of them...to capture the intricacy and interest I see in them, but as yet have not made an image that accomplishes that.

I noticed this string of gumballs hanging out over a small lake not far from home.  I liked the way they seemed to form a garland on the branches of the tree and the way the light was playing on the lake behind them.  Not the picture of gumballs I want to make, but one I was happy to discover today.

It's been a very busy couple of weeks and it's been more of a challenge than usual to take pictures for this project.  And there's another fairly busy week ahead.  But I've made 73 straight days and that's 1/5th of the way.  Not that much of a milestone, but I can only achieve them as they come.  For today, I'm happy with this image and with getting this far with an unblemished record (andonly a couple of near misses).

Til tomorrow...


Please check out my main blog: http://bmcportraits.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment