Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day Sixty-Nine: Penned Up


I visit this horse on my photographic travels from time to time.  I wanted to take pictures of spring flowers coming up today...but didn't find any on the paths I took.  Hoped to find some gardenias, or camelias, both starting to bloom here now.  But struck out.

So I went to see the horses.  They are stuck behind their railing, but they come out to see me when I stop there.  Don't know why, but the sense that they are penned in spoke to me.  Maybe it's the long winter (now slowly ebbing away)...or maybe something else.  But it was the separation, the fence between us, that spoke to me.  Whatever the reason. 

We stayed on our own sides of the fence...looking at one another.  And somehow that's just a metaphor for my day. 

Please check out my main blog: http://bmcportraits.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment