Monday, March 8, 2010

Day Sixty-Seven: One from the mental rolodex



This weather worn, white wash building is right next to the swing that appeared on Day Sixty-Three.  When I was out there shooting the swing the other day, I took some detail closeups of this building (and a few others littered about the site) and noticed that the shadows that get cast on the wall by the afternoon sun are conflicting.  The shadow of the tree suggests the sun is camera left, while my shadow clearly shows it is actually camera right.  Just a trick of the light based on the way the building, sun and trees line up in the afternoon.  I made a mental note to return for a self portrait.

Today I was pressed for time (again) and decided I'd go an knock this one out.  As I move around shooting for the 365 project I make mental notes of pictures I want to come back for.  It helps a lot when time is short to have a list in my head of ideas...especially a gimme one like this.  The sun was perfect..the shadows are crisp and the hard light brings out the texture in the wood planks. 

Not certain I atoned for yesterday (as this took about 5 minutes total).  But unlike yesterday when anything I got would do, today I had a plan and I executed.  That's something at least.

I asked permission from Alisha, the videographer from Saturday's Uvo shoot to post a few pics of her and her husband and their Stella (classic Vespa) on my (other) blog.  That's her in the heels on the Stella in my pic from Day Sixty-Five and I thought I'd post one here to entice you to click over.  And while you're clicking, be sure to check out Alisha's website.  She is awesome.



See the rest at BMC Portraits Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment