Friday, March 5, 2010

Day Sixty-Four: Point, Shoot, Done at Dawn


I happened to be outside the building where I work this morning just as the sun peaked over some distant trees.  The shadows on the wall when the sun is at that low angle are always really cool and I always think about taking a self portrait with them but can't really justify pulling a tripod and remote out of my trunk and setting up in the parking lot.  But today I happened to have Molly's little Canon point and shoot with me. 

I grabbed it out of the car and set it on the hood of gold car parked nearby.  Then I just had to figue out where to stand so that my shadow would be cast into the wedge between all the others and how much of the reflection in the hood to leave.  Then I set the self timer, got in position, and was done just after dawn. 

Good, because I have a lot of packing to do for tomorrow's big Uvo Designs shoot.  You'll see at least one of those here tomorrow. 


Please check out my main blog: http://bmcportraits.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment