Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day Thirty-Three: Well dressed on a dreary day.


Cold and gray today in Durham.  It drizzled off and on throughout the afternoon.  I had hoped (again) for some real rain because I have an idea for a rainy day picture.  But I need a real downpour for what I've got in mind.  It will come.  At least with the only occasional rain, I was able to get out and take pictures for an hour or so this afternoon.  This time, on one of the Duke campuses. 

I knew when I saw the gray skies this morning that it was going to be a black and white day.  While it was rainy, it wasn't terribly dark and all the snow lying around everywhere works like a big reflector to bounce a lot of light around.  So I saw the possiblity of getting some good, high constrast black and whites today. 

While I was walking, I came upon this gentleman who was quite well dressed and walking along the snowy sidewalk next to the campus path where I was.  I jumped over the stone wall and moved off into the street to get a quick couple of shots of him as he was coming toward me.  Only had about 10 seconds til the light chagned and I needed to be out of the street.  But I got what I came for.


Please check out my main blog: http://bmcportraits.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment