Friday, February 12, 2010

Day Forty-Three: Vivid Colors and Strong Shapes


I was driving through the Target parking lot this afternoon on my way to an appointment when I came across this bright yellow older model Chevy pickup.  The bold color and strong lines caught my eye and I zoomed in tight to get this composition.  When I'm not shooting people, I have become very drawn to the interplay of shape and color.  My second choice for today's photo was this Mondrianesque composition comprised of a white wall and read door being framed withing the opening of a green dumpster. 



I like the abstract "found art" feel of this shot and I very nearly made it the shot of the day.  In the end, it came down to this photo being one I can recreate anytime, but the Music of the Triangle pickup was something I saw today I might never see again.  I did take a more abstract shot of the truck as well, again using line and color for the composition. 

 

See you tomorrow.

Please check out my main blog: http://bmcportraits.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment