Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day Forty-Eight: Molly in Costume


Molly hans't been on the blog in a while.  I was thinking I would try to get Isaac on here this week and Molly next week, but Molly wore this costume to a school event earlier in the week and I wanted to get a picture of it for our scrapbook.  Usually shooting Molly in the studio is quick and easy.  But not today.  I struggled with lighting the portrait because of the contrast between the bright flower and hat and the navy blazer.  It made me tense, which made Molly tense, and made it hard for us to get into our usual relaxed way of collaborating on a portrait.  She was a trooper though and really stuck it out.  I owe her a treat this weekend for putting up with me tonight. 

This project actually takes a good bit of time most days.  There's the shooting (fit between work, after school activities, dinner, bedtime, etc.) and then editing, selection, processing and posting.  I appreciate the sacrifice the family makes to give me the time to get things done each day.  When the weather gets warmer, and the days get longer, it will be a lot easier to fit all this in each day. 

Anyway, wanted to thank Donna and Molly (and Isaac) for the sacrifice they make for this project.  I couldnt' do without their support and patience. 

Til tomorrow....


Please check out my main blog: http://bmcportraits.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment