Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day Thirty-Five: The Amazing Molly

Molly performed a magic act in her school's talent show this morning.  I took pictures at the event, but also wanted to get a picture of her as "The Amazing Molly" for the project.

I shot this photo with a new (to me) lens.  The Nikon 24-70mm 2.8.  It is one of the finest lenses made today, and of all time.  It's been my tradition since I started taking pictures seriously again about 2 years ago that I christen every new lens (and camera) I get with a picture of Molly.  And today was no exception. 

Short and sweet today.  Til tomorrow...

Strobist:  Alien Bees 800 with a 20 degree grid camera left at abount 30 degrees.  Set to 1/4 power.  Fill is from Alien Bees 800 in 22 in AB beauty dish, on axis and just above the lens set to 1/16th power.  Here the fill is only 2/3 of a stop under exposed and the gridded key serves more like a broad kicker, bringing up the exposures on the face, hat and wand.

Please check out my main blog: http://bmcportraits.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment