Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day Thirty-Four: Found along the way


I had a definite plan for today's shoot.  The weather was great and I packed my super wide angle lens and my tripod and planned on shooting at a park I know.  The blue sky, white clouds, and the unique architechture at the park were all on my mind when I set off to shoot this afternoon.  Then..along the way, I passed this solitary tree.  It was on a berm right along side an apartment complex, but from the street angle I noticed that it looked great against the sky and that, from this one single angle, I could isolate it from all of the lamp posts and buildings that were all around it. 

So I stopped the car and took a few shots.  Then went off to the park.  But the place I'd intended to shoot was a swamp today.  And there were some construction verhicles in my planned shot.  Ok.  Change of plan.

One thing the 365 has taught me is to pay better attention to my surroundings.  Each day I have to find something to photograph, try to photograph it well, try to think of what I want to say about the subject, or the circumstances.  Somedays it's hard.  Other days, something just jumps out at me and serves itself up as the photo of the day-- like this tree.


Please check out my main blog: http://bmcportraits.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment