Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day Twenty-Six: Today is January 26, 2010



I'm not exactly sure why this photograph captures my day.  It could be the sense of marching in place that these towers give me from this perspective.  It could be the connectivity they represent.  It could be the bleakness of their industrial architechture.  Or the disconnected mazes the lines create.

I guess all those things spoke to me today.  I took a bunch of pretty pictures.  The sun was out and the sky was bright with puffy white clouds.  I looked for vivid colors as I usually do on a day like that.  But what spoke to me today was something darker...more menacing. 

I struggled with this post.  Picked a nice picture with lots of rich colors.  But found I didn't have anything to say about it.  Then I thought about this image.  I hadn't priocessed it yet, but I remembered taking it.  I remember visualizing it in my head to look like it does in this post.  I remember I made an illegal U-turn and parked in some mud on the side of the road to take it.  One of the things about the 365 is that it's a chance to chronicle a year in my life.  I've talked to people who've done one before and many of them have remarked about going back and looking at the images and remembering the day they took it.  And that made me realize that this image and this day are linked.  And I want to record that, so when I look back at the end of the road, and see this image, I'll remember why it's there.  It's January 26, 2010.  And this is how my day was.

Please check out my main blog: http://bmcportraits.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment