Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day Twenty: Pandering to Interestingness


This photo is a somewhat canned attempt to mimic the type of works that get on Explore in Flickr.  Flickr calls it interestingness.  While the mysterious algorithm that determines interstingness can be frustrating for those of us aspiring to be included, I have to admit it is one of the (very few) things I like about Flickr.  The images that make it, while a seemingly random assortment, all have something special about them.  Sometimes it jumps out at you...somtimes it's far more subtle.

Two of my images have made it to date.  One of Molly:




And one abstract::




And I did once before make a deliberate photo with the express thought of it being Explore-like:




Anyway, aside from being a bit of a cliche, I do like today's image.  I like the motion, the colors and that her boot is the only part of her that is sharp.  I also like the baskets inside the door which gives another plane to the image and the way the doors frame her and reinforce the sense of motion.




Please check out my main blog: http://bmcportraits.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment