Friday, January 1, 2010

Introduction



This is me. Taken a few months ago. Later today (January 1, 2010) I'll be posting my first photo to kick off my 365 project. My main blog is on Wordpress (www.bmcportraits.wordpress.com/) but I wanted to try Blogger for this project. Anyway...they'll likely be a lot of self portraits (as 365 days is a big commitment and there will no doubt be days that I either shoot me, or drop the ball. I expect to learn a lot and to be a better photographer at the other end. I hope you'll take the journey with me and offer words of support now and again...a little encouragement will no doubt be a great help during the slumps that must inevitably come. Dustin Diaz (http://photography.dustindiaz.com/) has just completed an impressive 365 for which he has earned (and deserved) great kudos. The quality level from end to end is the daunting thing for me...he delivered and I am inspired (and a tad awed) by that. Still, there are a number of similar images of him, at night, in SF, on the street/sidewalk. And I don't live in SF...here in Durham, it isn't that easy to find big city bokeh to carry a self portrait.


Back in a few hours....


No comments:

Post a Comment