Friday, January 8, 2010

Day Eight: Batman



Had some time to play in the studio this afternoon and decided to use my fluorescent strip work lights and a black background. I shot several different setups over the course of 90 minutes, eventually adding in two Nikon flashes to give my face and the batman logo some pop and to light the black background up to a pleasant gray. Not much else to say. Friday night is family movie night around here, so this is short and sweet.

Strobist: Fluorsecent work lights hung from light stands in vertical orientation, right and left and behind. These define the sides of my face and keep separation of my black turtleneck from the background. There are two large silver refelectors camera righ and left front just out of frame bouncing the worklights on the front of my face. Key is an SB800 with a grid (ala Zack Arias, I painted in the insdie of a Fong diffuser black and then bungeed a Buff 10 degree grid over the top.) this is on a boom and about a foot off the floor firing up at my face at 1/16th power. There are a few strips of black gaffer tape over parts of the grid to break the light up a little and keep dimension on my face. The background (in addition to spill from the worklights) is lit by an SB900 with a stofen on the floor behind me at 1/4 power.

No comments:

Post a Comment