Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day Twenty-Four: A morning ride



I managed to make it out for about an hour this morning while breakfast was being made and the baby was sleeping.  I still had the big lens on the camera from my rugby shoot yeseterday and went off to see about photographing some nearby horses.  But the horses had blankets on and were all on the far side of field and I just couldn't get anything interested.  Giving up on that plan, I was just about to pull off when a bicyclist came up the road.  I liked the strong graphic element of her hat and knew it would make a nice black and white photograph.  The light was gray and flat, though bright enough to give nice crisp lighting to the cyclist. 

Molly and I also set up a quick studio shoot (actually in the hallway in our basement) with a background and lights and I shot both Molly and Isaac for a bit this afternoon.  Some nice stuff.  You can see it on my main blog.  Thought about using one of Isaac for today's official photo, but I am trying to limit the number of times I photograph the kids for the blog, and with something I liked already in the can, decided that shoot would be just for fun.  http://bmcportraits.wordpress.com/

Please check out my main blog: http://bmcportraits.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment